Wedding anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

March

I think I am getting burnt out over here a little bit. Honestly I am not sure what the problem is, I am just tired I think.... F. is sick, he has been sick for a week, which means more arguing with his sisters than usual. Which in turn makes me frustrated and just feeling dejected...
I think I need an extended break from every thing, which I know I will never get so I think that in turn makes me feel tired and run down.... 
I think at times about those moms who have their children in school and actually have 6 hours every day to themselves! Then complain about their kids... I know that every ones situation is different and having your child in school is Not easier than homeschooling. It is just hard in a different way.  In all honesty I do not want them in school for 6 hours a day, no way! But a few hours a week would be nice :)... ahh well... 
Enough griping :)  there is a whole world out there for us to enjoy, we just have to get put there and do it! I think that'll make me feel better, to just go and do the things I want to do and take the kids with me. :)

I am enjoying going to the city every Monday for J's art class, I love the area and the weather has been so nice for the most part. F, A and me spend the hour and a half of class, either at the park or at B&N. Afterwards we have been going to the ANHM museum for a few hours almost every Monday. The rest of the week is pretty much open except for Wed. when F has his creative writing class at the friend L's house. He is really enjoying the class and is learning various things about writing short stories, grammar and spelling. I also discovered a great free web site for math and history that he has been using often along with IXL math online. He also reads a lot of books before bed... right now he is reading the 39 clues series, The 5th book of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the 11th book in the Roman Mysteries series and a few others that I can't recall right now. We are reading Winnie-the-pooh and The Odyssey for kids book series as our read aloud. A. loves the Odyssey books! She is very interested in the characters and asks lots of questions.  J is reading the Toys Go Out book series and one of the Goosebumps books, as well as the Stink books. She has really improved her reading and really enjoys it. I am glad that she is loving reading and seems to have no trouble understanding above grade level books (as far as what the book cover says for reading level) My aim has always been to have my children experience the love of reading and being swept away into a book. So far it is working :).

Math is not J's strongest subject, so we work on it a few times a week so as to not kill the desire to learn math in her. She gets very dejected when she doesn't get a concept and feels like she will never learn it. So we take it easy and try to use different methods. I have to admit I am not a great math whiz either and am not the most patient person when it comes to going over and over a concept again and again. So I have to stop and remind myself that it is not the end of the world if she doesn't get something  just because she is 'supposed' to know it by the 3rd grade. It is the same way with F, there were a few things that he just did not 'get' during the 3rd grade but by the 4th it was too easy.  Some times you just need to wait until they are mentally ready and it can take a few months, or a year for that to happen. But it will happen! 


No comments: