Wedding anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, October 26, 2012

catching up

We have been so busy these last few months, it's been hard to find time to keep posting. It's a bit over whelming to tell the truth, trying to run the house hold, homeschool 3 kids, classes, trips, and try to find me time and time with my husband...

We have been homeschooling for 6 years, you'd think I'd get the hang of it by now. But sometimes things get away from me for a few weeks and I let the big reality of it get to me. So many things to think about and not enough time to actually think about them...

But we move on an the days go by... the kids are doing all sorts of things, the girls are in an all homeschool girl scout troop that meets weekly, still in their creative ballet dance class, J is still taking her art class in the city once a week, F is doing his weekly Writopia creative writing class via Skype since his best friend and class mate moved to CA last month. Every other week he also attends a general science class after J's art class is over in the city. It works out great since it is 5 blocks from the art class so no extra traveling is needed. He is really enjoying it. Park days have fallen by the way side since it seems to rain every Tuesday, so we have done some one on one play dates instead of the group hang out time. F. spends more time on Skype with a group of his friends since they are all separated by time zones and busy schedules...

Today I took the girls to a homeschoolers rock climbing class, F stayed home nursing a cold. They had a great time bouldering and J even did a harnessed climb up a vertical wall. She was scared but she did pretty well, climbing up half of the wall. She went up 3 times while my friend B. belayed since I do not have the training to do it. Both girls did 2 hours of almost non stop climbing. I think we have gym covered :).

J. has been reading every night for an hour before bed, just like her big brother. A. is working on her reading skills, she likes to read to her babies.

Math U See is the new math program in the house for the girls. They need a more structured way of learning math. It seems to come very hard for J. she reminds me of me when I was her age, math was so hard for me to understand. All the way up to my late 20's it was a hard concept for me to grasp and part of it was the lack of practice as well as the lack of actual teaching. So far Math U See is working well, but we have only done a few lessons. I will have to make a schedule for doing math every day for the girls. F. already does math daily as well as science, reading and history.

No comments: