Wedding anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New year!

Starting off this year with writing on my blog, so hopefully I'll be more encouraged to share our day to day happenings as the year goes by.  I started this blog a few months after we started homeschooling in 2006 and slowly started writing less and less as the days got busier and for some reason I got more discouraged.... but this year I will write more and add more pics. I think it's a great way to keep track of what we are doing and to look back at what we have done.

We had a great. low key Christmas, the kids got a lot of nice presents, ugly dolls, journals, funky pens, bead making stuff, Legos, and other cool things.. (including a B&N gift card for my oldest). DH and I decided not to exchange gifts but to go away for a weekend soon. Most likely to PA. He did buy for all of us something that we have been wanting/needing. A Video cassette converter so we can convert all of us tapes of home movies into DVDs and have them last longer. We started with my step daughter's wedding video and it came out great, it didn't take too long to install it in the PC (prob. because DH installed it)  I am not handy with that stuff :).

A.'s b day was last Friday and we spent it at my mom's house, she made her a cake, and gave her a sewing machine for kids, and a baby pigs calendar. We took her for a shopping spree at a toy store where she got 2 ugly dolls, 1 with her x' mas money from my uncle, and then to B&N where she got books, puzzles and a music CD. We came home for dinner so I could make her one of her favorites, sauteed penne pasta with veggies and mozz. cheese on top. She had a blast and loved her day! The day after her and I made stuffed mushrooms which came out great!

New Years's eve we spent at home, relaxing, playing Clue and DH and J. made pigs in a blanket with turkey hot dogs. Then we watched the ball drop on TV, the kids threw confetti, the girls danced a dance they choreographed earlier in the day and stayed up until after 1 am...

School work has been sporadic the last week or so... mostly math and reading.. J. is reading a LOT of books at night, so she stays up until at least 11 pm now most nights. She is into a wide variety of books, and is learning a lot that way.

We will be going back into the swing of school tomorrow, and hopefully will keep it up until classes begin in the Spring.. we take the winter off to save $ and to have time indoors to study and focus more of book learning...

Here's to a Beautiful New year filled with possibilities and adventures!

No comments: