Wedding anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

reading list

I thought I'd post some of the books we are currently reading here, some are educational books, and some are just for fun books. I am not very picky with what my children are reading, as long as they enjoy what they are reading. I have the philosophy of the most important thing for a child's education is to foster a  love of reading :)

F's reading list for 2011/2012

The 39 clues book series (up to 12 books so far)
I, Freddy book series (up to 2 books so far)
Animorphs series (up to 5 books so far)
The Accidental Hero and The Secret War
Cryptid Hunters
Any book written by John Bellairs and Brad Strickland (at least 15 books so far)
Black potatoes
The Great Depression
Great Achievers: Lives of the physically challenged, Franklin D. Roosevelt
The Roman Mysteries book series (historical fiction) (up to 10 books so far)
White Fang
Hardy Boys book series (up to 6 books so far)
Story of the World books

J's reading list

Arthur books
Rainbow magic book series (up to 8 books so far)
Stink book series (up to 2 books so far)
Various books on dinosaurs
Shel Silverstein books of poems


A's reading list (she is starting to read so it's not an extensive list yet) but she tells me all the time that she loves to read!

Go Dogs Go!
All of the Sandra Boynton books (she loves the books for younger kids) (up to 15 books)
Bob books
Mercy Watson book series
any books on pigs, monkeys and penguins (fiction or non fiction)

We also do read alouds of various books on any subject that we deem interesting.  I am sure there are books that they have read that have slipped my mind, last count F was reading and finishing about 2 books a week. We have never used the library as extensively as we have the last 2 years. :)

Some of the above books are from the library, some from amazon.com(used book sales), the book depository(free shipping), or library sales that are held every year in Oct. where I am know to stuff as many books as I can into 2 big sturdy reusable bags :).  I also go to Goodwill as often as I can to see what I can find there, I have gotten some great books for $.50!
I also use my educator's discount at B&N to my benefit.

No comments: